Basement Waterproofing & Crawls Space Solutions in Concord, NC
One of the tradeoffs of living in beautiful Concord is that while the city gets more sunny days than the rest of the U.S. on average, it also endures more rainfall and humidity. That means Concord homeowners must consider the effects of the climate on crawl spaces and basements and take steps to keep these areas dry all year round. Carolina Basement Solutions is Concord’s answer to any and all moisture problems in basements and crawl spaces, from water leaking into the basement after heavy rain to chronically wet crawl spaces.
Basement Waterproofing, Drainage & Repair Services
Unfinished basements are highly susceptible to moisture damage, mainly because people spend little time in them. However, partially and fully finished basements can harbor water damage as well. Signs you need basement leak repair include:
- A powdery white substance called “efflorescence” on the walls
- Leaks around windows
- Wet walls, drywall, or flooring
- Bowing or cracked walls
- Sewer smell in basement
These are indicators that you need basement contractors to address the issue. To prevent future moisture damage, Carolina Basement Solutions offers basement waterproofing, including:
- Moisture barrier
- Drainage system
- Sump pump
You can also choose a battery backup to keep your Concord basement dry even when the power is out.
Crawl Space Repair & Waterproofing in Concord
If your Concord home has a crawl space, odds are you don’t go poking around in it often. That means problems can develop and advance right under your nose, and you might not notice until damage has spiraled out of control. It’s a good idea to inspect your crawl space periodically or bring in crawl space contractors to take care of the dirty work for you. The signs you need a crawl space specialist for repairs include:
- Wet crawl space floor
- Wet floor joists
- Bouncy floors above the crawl space
- Wet insulation
If overlooked or ignored, these symptoms of crawl space moisture can lead to foundation problems or even your floors buckling and breaking. Carolina Basement Solutions can repair the damage to your home and offers a variety of wet crawl space solutions. Waterproofing a crawl space consists of one or more of these procedures:
Crawl Space Encapsulation
A crawl space is part of your home's foundation and should be treated with importance like the rest of your home. Homeowners can avoid structural damage and many other issues caused by excessive moisture by having a proper crawl space encapsulation system installed. Benefits of crawl space encapsulation include:
- Removes unwanted moisture from your home. This helps control humidity and protects your home from mold and mildew. It also improves indoor air quality.
- Prevent structural issues. Crawl space encapsulation helps protect the wood from rot, metal from rust, and foundations from damage.
- Improves energy efficiency. Encapsulating your crawl space can reduce energy bills by up to 20%. This helps reduce your overall heating and cooling costs throughout the year.
- Added storage space. When you encapsulate your crawl space, you effectively increase the amount of dry/sanitary storage space you have within your home. It's a perfect way to store seldom-used items in a safe and protected manner within your home.
- Prolongs the life of heating and cooling equipment. Encapsulating your crawl space helps reduce the strain on your heating and cooling appliances. This reduces wear and tear and also reduces long-term maintenance and replacement costs.
- Increases the value of your home. Encapsulation is a key selling point that shows prospective buyers you have taken care of the property. It also ensures that their heating costs, cooling costs, HVAC maintenance, etc., will be lower than comparable properties.
- Promotes cleaner air. Encapsulation helps ensure mold, mildew, dust, and other indoor air pollutants don't circulate through your home. With an encapsulated crawl space, you'll enjoy fresh, clean air every day of the year without having to open the windows.
One of the simplest ways to prevent moisture problems inside of a crawl space is to have a proper vapor barrier installed. Carolina Basement Solutions specializes in installing vapor barriers and doing it the right way to ensure that the moisture problems are not a problem. We use a durable 14 mil vapor barrier system to block water vapor and help control the moisture levels.
Crawl spaces are another area of the home that often suffers from excess moisture. Consistently high humidity levels in your crawl space can cause mold, pests, rust, wood rot, and structural damage. Along with a vapor barrier or crawl space encapsulation, a dehumidifier is a smart option to control moisture in your crawl space and protect your home.
Floor Supports & Structural Repairs
Are you experiencing difficulty opening or closing the doors in your home? Are you noticing cracks within the interior walls of your home? Do you have floors that are uneven, sagging, or sloping? These issues can result from aging and normal settling of your home, but they can also be symptoms and signs of more significant issues.
Schedule a Basement or Waterproofing Inspection in Concord
When it comes to basement companies, Carolina Basement Solutions is the best in the business. We’re committed to customer satisfaction through top-tier workmanship and exceptional service.