Basement Waterproofing & Crawl Space Encapsulation in Raleigh
Raleigh gets about 38 inches of rain every year on average. All that water and moisture seeping into the soil has to go somewhere, and if your basement or crawl space isn’t watertight, it’s likely to invade your home's structure and cause severe damage and decrease the value of your home.
Carolina Basement Solutions has provided top-of-the-line waterproofing services to Raleigh and the surrounding areas. We have quickly made our mark through our knowledge, expertise, and willingness to show how and why the work is being done. We offer custom solutions for both basements and crawl spaces, fully protecting your home from excess moisture.
If you need waterproofing services for your Raleigh home and want to receive a superior service that educates you every step of the way, give Carolina Basement Solutions a call at (833) 641-0517 to schedule a FREE inspection today!
Basement Waterproofing & Repair Services for Your Raleigh Home
If your home's basement is suffering from water damage, you’re not alone. More than 60% of basements in the country have these issues. The important thing is to get water damage repaired before it spreads and to invest in a waterproofing solution to protect your home in the future.
Be on the lookout for the common signs of basement water intrusion and damage:
- A powdery white coating on the walls (“efflorescence”)
- Leaking near windows
- Condensation buildup on walls and items
- Damp walls and floors
- Bowing and cracking in the walls
Mold, leaks, wall damage, flooding, property damage — it can all be avoided with proper waterproofing. Carolina Basement Solutions utilizes basement waterproofing systems to divert incoming water into a drainage system and away from your basement. We offer a line of systems designed to meet your basement's specific needs while fitting within your budget. Our waterproofing systems all consist of the same critical components:
- Moisture/vapor barrier – Prevents all moisture from entering the interior of your basement.
- Diverter – Maintains open pathways to direct all water into your drainage system.
- Drainage system – Accommodates a high volume of water, and the drainage system is placed under your basement floor to collect and discharge all stormwater.
- Sump pump – Pumps the collected water out of your basement and discharges the water away from your home. The sump pump is the heart of any basement waterproofing system.
We also offer an optional (but highly recommended) PitBoss+ system to keep your sump pump running during power outages caused by hurricanes, thunderstorms, snow, and ice.
Does Your Raleigh Basement Have Wall Damage?
If your basement walls are cracked, buckling, leaning, or bowing, they are suffering from structural issues most likely caused by excess water in the ground around your house. As water builds in the soil around your home, it exerts hydrostatic pressure against the walls of your basement. Hydrostatic pressure is the force exerted onto the walls of a home due to the amount of natural groundwater surrounding it. This causes them to bow, crack, and buckle. Basement walls can withstand an average amount of pressure from the surrounding soil, but if you have an older home or your walls were poorly constructed, they may not be able to withstand this pressure.
If you notice damage in your Raleigh home’s basement walls, call Carolina Basement Solutions for help. Our team can assess the damage and stabilize your basement walls using carbon fiber straps. Our highly trained technicians will evaluate your walls and identify the root cause of the damage. If insufficient water drainage is at fault, we will install a waterproofing system to divert water away from your basement and prevent it from re-entering.
Wet Crawl Space Repair & Crawl Space Waterproofing
Crawl spaces are just as prone to problems with water as basements. Excess moisture in your crawl space can cause mold, pests, rust, wood rot, and even structural damage. Calling in a professional crawl space repair company as soon as you notice signs of water in your crawl space is key to halting, repairing, and preventing damage.
Carolina Basement Solutions provides crawl space repair and encapsulation to repair damage caused by water and prevent it from entering your crawl space. As the leading specialists in waterproofing in the Carolinas, we can help you keep your crawl space dry and your home safe from the devastating effects of excess moisture.
Crawl Space Encapsulation
A crawl space is part of your home's foundation and should be treated with importance like the rest of your home. Homeowners can avoid structural damage and many other issues caused by excessive moisture by having a proper crawl space encapsulation system installed. Benefits of crawl space encapsulation include:
- Removes unwanted moisture from your home. This helps control humidity and protects your home from mold and mildew. It also improves indoor air quality.
- Prevent structural issues. Crawl space encapsulation helps protect the wood from rot, metal from rust, and foundations from damage.
- Improves energy efficiency. Encapsulating your crawl space can reduce energy bills by up to 20%. This helps reduce your overall heating and cooling costs throughout the year.
- Added storage space. When you encapsulate your crawl space, you effectively increase the dry/sanitary storage space you have within your home. It's a perfect way to store seldom-used items in a safe and protected manner within your home.
- Prolongs the life of heating and cooling equipment. Encapsulating your crawl space helps reduce the strain on your heating and cooling appliances. This reduces wear and tear and also reduces long-term maintenance and replacement costs.
- Increases the value of your home. Encapsulation is a key selling point that shows prospective buyers you have taken care of the property. It also ensures that their heating costs, cooling costs, HVAC maintenance, etc., will be lower than comparable properties.
- Promotes cleaner air. Encapsulation helps ensure mold, mildew, dust, and other indoor air pollutants don't circulate through your home. With an encapsulated crawl space, you'll enjoy fresh, clean air every day of the year without having to open the windows.
Most crawl spaces have dirt floors, which naturally contain some water. When it evaporates into the air of your crawl space, it is often absorbed into the wood framing. Over time, this results in wood rot and mold growth. A vapor barrier can be installed over your crawl space’s floor to block this water vapor and control the moisture levels in your crawl space. Carolina Basement Solutions specializes in installing vapor barrier systems that help prevent the effects of water vapor in your crawl space.
Flexi-Seal & Flexi-Foil Moisture Barriers
At Carolina Basement Solutions, we use the highest-quality products to provide the longest-lasting solutions. Our commitment to quality means that we use Flexi-Seal and Flexi-Foil barriers for superior moisture control in crawl space vapor barriers and encapsulations.
- Flexi-Seal– Backed by a lifetime warranty, this reinforced, heavy-duty barrier is tough, durable, tear-resistant, and exceeds all building code requirements for crawl space encapsulation. It also contains an antimicrobial additive for added protection against mold and mildew.
- Flexi-Foil– Flexi-Foil is used to line the walls and acts as a vapor barrier while insulating the foundation walls. It’s made of non-toxic aluminum, meaning Flexi-Foil is not only a moisture barrier but also a radiant barrier. It stops radiant transfer to increase your home’s efficiency and decrease your energy bills. In the summer, it reflects heat, but in the winter, it retains warmth.
Crawl Space Floor Supports
Raleigh homes are typically constructed using wood framing materials, many of which are built over a crawl space. Within a typical crawl space, block or brick piers can be found, each supporting the floor framing above. It is not unusual to find areas throughout many homes where the floors are uneven or have settled, especially in older homes. This problem may become evident with cracks in interior walls, sticking doors, and sagging or uneven floors. It can be caused by a variety of reasons such as natural settling over the years, heavy loads over unsupported areas, or rotten and damaged floor joists. Whatever the reason, Carolina Basement Solutions can install a Strong Post system to provide the necessary support to fix sagging floors.
Are you in need of crawl space repair or encapsulation? Schedule a free inspection with Carolina Basement Solutions for wet crawl space services in Raleigh by calling (833) 641-0517!
Schedule a Basement or Crawl Space Inspection in Raleigh
Raleigh residents don’t wait! When your basement or crawl space is damaged or threatened by water, you need a team of experts to stop the problem at the source, repair the damage, and prevent future issues. Carolina Basement Solutions is your local, trusted source of waterproofing solutions in Raleigh, NC.
We guarantee to provide the highest degree of customer service and professionalism, which sets us apart from other basement waterproofing companies. Our dedicated and trained professionals install the most reliable systems and products available. We also offer same-as-cash financing to help fit your basement waterproofing solutions into your budget.
Reach out to Carolina Basement Solutions at 833-641-0517 or contact us online for a free quote today!