Basement Waterproofing in NC & SC
Basement Waterproofing Systems
Carolina Basement Solutions takes pride in using only proven, reliable products and systems designed to protect your basement and properly divert water. All of our waterproofing systems consist of products from Richtech Industries, an industry leader in waterproofing products. Our waterproofing systems direct all incoming water under the floor into a drainage system. Hydrostatic pressure on the walls is relieved by weep holes that are created. Placing the system beneath the floor slab eliminates any hydrostatic pressure from under the foundation. Eliminating hydrostatic pressure is the key to preventing future water problems.
We offer a line of systems designed best to meet the need of your basement problems and best fit your budget. To ensure that your basement problems are adequately put to rest, all of our waterproofing systems consist of the same critical components; a moisture barrier, a diverter, a drainage system, a sump pump, and a backup system.
- Moisture Barrier: Our moisture vapor barrier consists of a durable, non-porous product that is applied to the interior side of the basement/foundation wall. Our moisture barriers prevent all moisture from entering the interior of your basement. Moisture and dampness will continue to be found within any waterproof basement without a quality moisture barrier.
- Diverter: Our diverters are strategically installed to maintain open pathways to direct all water into our drainage system. The Polydrain diverters are designed to relieve hydrostatic pressure by facilitating the flow of water and eliminating resistance. Any waterproofing systems without diverters are easily overwhelmed when heavy rainfall occurs, causing system failure.
- Drainage System: Our drainage system is placed under the floor of basements to collect and discharge all stormwater from the basement. A proper drainage system that can accommodate a high volume of water is crucial to the effectiveness of a waterproofing system. An undersized drainage system would not be capable of handling the demands in the event of heavy rainfall or flooding.
- Sump Pump: The sump pump is one of the most important components of an effective waterproofing system. We offer a top-of-the-line energy-efficient sump pump that is extremely reliable and designed to last even under extreme conditions. Our PitBoss sump pump is extremely quiet and powerful enough to pump thousands of gallons per hour.
- Battery Backup: We also offer an optional battery backup PumpSpy System. During a big storm is when you need your sump pump the most. What happens when the power goes out? Our battery backup will provide you with that needed peace of mind. Our PumpSpy System monitors the main sump pump and provides a complete backup system 24 hours a day. PumpSpy also tests your system three times weekly to ensure everything is working correctly. The PumpSpy allows the ability to track and monitor your sump pump through an IOS APP or ANDROID APP.
Installing one of our proven and reliable waterproofing systems will give you peace of mind and allow you to enjoy a dry, healthy, livable space in your basement. Call us or submit a request for a free inspection today. Our experts at Carolina Basement Solutions are ready to help.
Frequently Asked Questions About Basement Waterproofing
It depends on the basement size, condition, etc. As a general range, most basement waterproofing projects cost between $3,000 to $5,000 to complete.
There are many ways to determine whether your basement has been previously waterproofed. Looking for these clues will tell you whether former owners have waterproofed your basement:
- The presence of interior/exterior coatings
- Basement drains
- Sump pump
- French drain
- Vapor barriers
- Sealants and epoxy injections
That said, it's important to remember that a previously waterproofed basement does not mean it is still waterproofed. Coatings can degrade over time, sump pumps fail, vapor barriers fall apart, and sealants can detach. Thus, it is essential to have a certified professional inspect and determine the current condition of any waterproofing features on your home.
In most cases, insurance providers do not cover the cost of waterproofing your basement. This is a cost that most homeowners must pay. However, it is worth every penny when you consider the headaches and hassles of filing an insurance claim, plus the potential loss of precious valuables and irreplaceable heirlooms. That said, homeowners insurance typically covers damage caused by failed waterproofing measures, but that's little consolation. Our team does our best to ensure your waterproofing provides the protection you need.
We strongly advise against this. While it may seem simple to waterproof a basement, the reality is that sealants, pumps, drains, etc., must be installed correctly to provide reliable protection. If done incorrectly, the gaps in your protection can cause significant damage to your basement.
We encourage you to contact us with your questions about basement waterproofing. The team at Carolina Basement Solutions is always ready to help you find the right solution for your home!
Areas We Serve
We provide expert crawl space waterproofing and repairs across the Carolinas. We have representatives in Asheville, Charlotte, Spartanburg, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and Wilmington that serve the surrounding areas, including:
Charlotte Region: Ballantyne, Charlotte, Concord, Gastonia, Huntersville, Lake Norman, Matthews, Mooresville, Monroe, Rock Hill, Waxhaw, Weddington
Triangle Region: Apex, Cary, Chapel Hill, Durham, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Raleigh, Sanford, Wake Forest
Triad Region: Ashboro, Burlington, Greensboro, High Point, Thomasville, Winston-Salem
Coastal Region: Boiling Springs Lake, Conover, Hampstead, Shallotte, Wilmington, Myrtle Beach
Upstate South Carolina Region: Anderson, Clemson, Columbia, Gaffney, Greenville, Greer, Mauldin, Spartanburg
Western North Carolina Region: Asheville, Black Mountain, Brevard, Etowah, Fletcher, Hendersonville